Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The light was suddenly gone

Sunday night we are walking on the bank of the Dniper river with my friend. There was a field, about the size of a soccer field that was lighted- up by big spot lights like those when work crews do road work. It was covered with white snow so it appeared really bright , far away in the distance.

My friend kept on asking people as we met, her friends,"What is over there, why is it all lighted up." Most of them said that it might be a new golf course, but they weren't sure what it was they only gave their guesses. We were walking there to see what we could find out, about a 20 -30 minute walk. When we were nearing the white field covered in snow - that might be a golf course - all the lights suddenly turned off. My friend said,"Well let's turn around." All interest and questioning was gone when all was dark.

God brought that situation to my mind again on Monday several times. My friend is not a believer she is walking in darkness and the light was attractive to her the whiteness, brightness and the unknown; the expectation of find something there interesting and new. Shouldn't that be her watching and seeking of Jesus? Am I the light that God is allowing for her to see and to understand truth? How brightly am I letting Jesus shine in me so that people are interested in knowing about Him.

Darkness disappoints and is not something worth walking toward or being in this world. I also remembered 1 John chapter 1. John walked and heard and his own hands touched Jesus. "As we walk in the light as He is in the light, we will have fellowship with one another,"

God spoke to me through that lighted field that I saw with my friend, something like as I shine with Christ she will be walking toward the light, if I am darkened, she will lose the interest to find something in my life.

Maybe.... just some thoughts...........

No comments: